Conventions, Meetings & Workshops
THE AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY
Department of Alaska Convention
In the Spirit of Service Not Self for Our Veterans, God and Country
The 96th American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Alaska Convention
will be held at Spenard Post 28 in Anchorage, Alaska
during April 26 – 28, 2018
In conformity with the action of The American Legion, Department of Alaska, and by the direction of the Department President Barbe Wolkoff, the 96th Annual Convention of the American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Alaska, is hereby called to be held at Spenard Post 28, 7001 Brayton Drive, Anchorage, Alaska 99507 during April 26-28, 2018.
The convention is called for the purpose of electing officers for the ensuing year, amending the Department Constitution and Bylaws of the Department of Alaska and for the transaction of such business as may come before the convention.
Representation at the Convention shall be by delegates elected by Units in accordance with provisions of Article V, Sections 2 and 5 of the Department Constitution.
“Section 2. Representation in the Department Convention shall be by Units. Each Unit shall be entitled to one delegate at large and one additional delegate for each ten (10) members or major fraction thereof whose current dues have been received by the Department Secretary thirty (30 days prior to the meeting of the Convention for which they are elected, and to one alternate for each delegate. The delegates and alternates shall be elected at a Unit meeting not less than two weeks before the Department Convention. Alternates shall have priority in the order of their election.”
“Section 5. Each delegate shall be entitled to one vote. The vote of any delegate absent and not represented by an alternate shall be cast by the majority of the delegates present from her Unit, each Unit voting her full strength.”
Click on the links below for detailed information and registration forms:
- American Legion Auxiliary Call to Department Convention & Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meetings - Click to download
- Department Convention Registration & Information - Click to download - To Include Auxiliary documents: Special Memorandum with fees; Auxiliary Delegate and Alternate Form; Certification of Delegates; & Request for Information of Unit Officers Form as well as Post 28 documents: Registration form; Advertising for the convention booklet; RV Space Reservation; & Lodging/accomodations list
- ALA Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting - pre-convention - Pursuant to Article IV, Section 4 of the Amended Bylaws of the American Legion Auxiliary Department of Alaska, a meeting of the Department Executive Committee, as now constituted, is hereby called and will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25, 2018. The meeting will be held at Spenard Post 28 in Anchorage, Alaska. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss old and new business for the outgoing administration.
- ALA Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting - post-convention - Pursuant to Article IV, Section 4 of the Amended Bylaws of the American Legion Auxiliary Department of Alaska, a meeting of the Department Executive Committee, as elected, is hereby called and will be held at the close of convention on Saturday, April 28, 2018. The meeting will be held at Spenard Post 28 in Anchorage, Alaska. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss old and new business for the incoming administration.
- Merrilyn Stock Memorial Scholarship Application - This application should be submitted to the local Unit President of the American Legion Auxiliary on or before March 31, 2018
Department President Barbe Wolkoff's Poppy Project is as follows:
- A poster no smaller than 11x14 (They can be larger)
- There must be 3 poppies and one actually poppy with a tag
- They will be used for Auxiliary advertisements
- Past President’s Parley Luncheon - Do not forget to bring your submissions for Unit Member of the Year and Service Woman of the Year
- Baby Shower for Military Family - We will be hosting a Baby Shower for a military wife of a deployed servicemember from JBER at the end of Friday’s session. This is open to any Unit or individual Legion Family member that would like to present this young family with a gift, whether you’re planning on attending Department Convention or not. Contact Lisa Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-388-3264 for gift ideas, to volunteer to help and for details about the family.
- Proposed Resolutions/Amendments - Two amendments to the governing document of the American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Alaska will be considered during our Department Convention.
March 9 UPDATE -
Check back often for further information and updates!