Conventions, Meetings & Workshops
THE AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY
In the Spirit of Service Not Self for Our Veterans, God and Country
The 2018 American Legion National Convention will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota during August 24-30, 2018
Alaska's Legion Family will be staying at the Hilton Minneapolis Hotel, located at 1001 South Marquette Avenue in Minneapolis.
Click on the links below for detailed information and registration forms:
- National Convention Registration & Information (to be mailed to The American Legion, Dept of AK NLT June 29, 2018)
- American Legion Auxiliary National Call to Convention
- General Information about the National Convention
- ALA Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting
- ALA Tentative Agenda for National Convention
- ALA Breakout Workshops (strongly recommended to attend by all ALA delegates/alternates)
- Blood Drive
- Campgrounds & RV Parks near Minneapolis
- Convention Center Map
- FODPAL Breakfast (Optional) - Monday, August 27 at 7-8:30 am Hilton Minneapolis, The Gallery
- Hotel Listings by Department
- Hotel Shuttle
- Medical Services
- Minneapolis Hotels, Restaurants & Map
- Night At the Ballpark - Minneapolis Twins vs. Oakland A's - August 25 - (to be mailed to Lisa Williamson NLT June 29, 2018)
- Parade Map
- Patriotic Memorial Service and National Chaplains Breakfast (Optional) - Sunday, August 26
- Pre-Season Football Game - Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks - August 24 - (to be mailed to Barb Nath NLT June 29, 2018)
- Post Parade Party
- Scooter Rentals
- Shuttle Schedules
- SPOT Parking
- States Dinner (Optional)
- Super Shuttle (local ground transportation)
- Tours Information
BITS & PIECES - For Alaska Auxiliary members attending, both the Western Division Caucus and the Parade attire will be the red polo shirt with white or khaki capris, pants or walking shorts.
JUNE 1st UPDATE - We received the Call to National Convention (above) so that you may begin your planning. If you have any questions please get in touch with Department Secretary Barb Nath.
Two things that Barb need to know as soon as possible: 1.) If you are not going to be able to attend the convention it is best to let Barb know as soon as possible and 2.) If you would like tickets to the Woman of the Year Luncheon ($35.00) or the States Dinner ($45.00) let Barb know by June 25th! If we get groups of ten we can buy whole tables and not have to be spread throughout the room for both events.
To help you in your planning, Alaska’s Unit Member of the Year will be attending the Convention and it is always nice when our delegation is all in attendance at the luncheon to show our support. But please don’t feel pressured to attend, it is entirely up to you and no one will think any more or less of you for attending or not.
We will keep you advised as more information becomes available.
Check back often for further information and updates!
Future dates and locations for The American Legion "Family" National Convention