Conventions, Meetings & Workshops
THE AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY
In the Spirit of Service Not Self for Our Veterans, God and Country
Click on the links below for detailed information and registration forms:
- National Convention Registration & Information (to be mailed to The American Legion, Dept of AK)
- American Legion Auxiliary National Call to Convention
- General Information about the National Convention
- ALA Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting
- ALA Tentative Agenda for National Convention
- ALA Breakout Workshops (strongly recommended to attend by all ALA delegates/alternates)
- Blood Drive
- Convention Center Map
- FODPAL Breakfast (Optional) - Monday, August 21st 7-8:30 am
- Hotel Listings by Department
- Hotel Map
- Hotel Shuttle for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa (Alaska HQ Hotel)
- Patriotic Memorial Service and National Chaplains Breakfast (Optional) - Sunday, August 20th
- Reno Aces Minor League Baseball Game - August 21
- Reno Restaurants
- Parade Map
- Post Parade Party
- Scooter Rentals
- Shuttle Schedules
- States Dinner (Optional)
- Tours Information
BITS & PIECES - For Alaska Auxiliary members attending, both the Western Division Caucus and the Parade attire will be the red polo shirt with white or khaki capris, pants or walking shorts.
JUNE 8th UPDATE - Well, we received the Call to National Convention today and I am attaching some information to this email so that you may begin your planning. If you have any questions please get in touch with Department Secretary Linda Schmitt.
Also, two things that I need to know as soon as possible: 1.) If you are not going to be able to attend the convention it is best to let me know as soon as possible and 2.) If you would like tickets to the Woman of the Year Luncheon ($35.00) or the States Dinner ($45.00) the sooner you let Linda know the better. If we get groups of ten we can buy whole tables and not have to be spread throughout the room for both events. So far Linda has seven of us attending the luncheon and eight of us attending the dinner.
To help you in your planning, Alaska’s Unit Member of the Year will be attending the Convention and it is always nice when our delegation is all in attendance at the luncheon to show our support. But please don’t feel pressured to attend, it is entirely up to you and no one will think any more or less of you for attending or not.
We will keep you advised as more information becomes available.
Check back often for further information and updates!